Meet the woman behind the newest swimwear label on the block. Kerry Cusack is the owner and designer of Bondi Bather, a swimwear brand inspired by life in Bondi (obviously) and now destined to be your bikini wardrobe’s new best friend. We chat to Kerry about her love of anything leather and why she’d love to have Kirrily Johnston on speed dial…
1. What does a typical day in the life of your job entail? First up, squeeze in a quick dip (or sand run), then check in on customer enquiries and orders! After that, there’s always heaps of running around – our PR agency, our printer, our manufacturer… and to be honest, it doesn’t really stop – most of our customers are in the northern hemisphere so there’s always a bit of late night work to do too!
2. How would you describe your personal style? For daytime, trainers, no heels! There’s waaaay to much to do in a day to be uncomfortable! My style is classic, casual and unfussy!
3. What’s your never-fail, go-to outfit? My black, leather panelled Rag & Bone dress. It’s great in winter or summer, it’s well cut, and I can wear it with flats or heels.
5. What’s been your biggest splurge to date? The most divine Aurelio Costarella knee length cocktail dress. Heavy navy silk, timeless and elegant.
7. If you could keep any designer on speed dial which one would it be and why? Kirrily Johnston – I just love her work. Wouldn’t mind her taking me shopping!
8. Who are your personal style icons? Honestly, there’s too many to mention. From Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn and Kate Moss to sass & bide’s Sarah Jane Clarke and Heidi Middleton – they are all amazing.
9. What’s the philosophy you live your life by? Live your dream. No one else can make that happen for you. I didn’t realise how important this was until I left my corporate job to finally pursue what I actually love doing. Sometimes it’s easier to make an excuse than to turn your world around. Fear of the unknown and change stops us most of the time.
10. Which key trend will you be investing in this season? I’d definitely like some leather, and I absolutely need new sunnies. Big, chunky bold ones.
sass & bide image: Fashion Review